We are proud to announce that our tenth reading period is starting today! Unfading Daydream invites you to submit your speculative fiction short stories.
The theme for issue 10 is REVOLUTION.
Revolution encompasses the turning of the tides, whether it’s changing society or the world, or something altogether different. Change is fluid and so is the world around us. The term is open to interpretation, so feel free to let loose!
- We are open to established and new, emerging authors.
- In terms of length, we’re looking for stories between 1000 and 7000 words. Shorter or longer stories will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- No previously published works.
- No fanfiction please
- Current reading period is December 1st to January 31st.
- All submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on the last day of the reading period. In this case, all submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on January 31st.
- Expect a decision within 4-6 weeks
- Publication will be released in April 2020.
- See full guidelines HERE
- Due to the shortened month, we will accept late submissions on a case by case basis. Authors must make arrangements by email at least 24 hours before the deadline if they intend on submitting late work. No exceptions.
While we are very new, we are offering monetary payment to those who we accept for publication. Stories that are between 1000-3000 words will receive $5. Stories that are longer than that will receive $10. All contributors receive a hard copy of the magazine.
- We accept submissions only by email.
- Free to submit!
- Please send your submission to submit [at] unfadingdaydream [dot] com with the title of ‘Unfading Daydream Submission’.
We are also seeking submissions for cover art.
- artists will be compensated ($50 and a contributor copy)
- Please send your submission to submit [at] unfadingdaydream [dot] com with the title of ‘Unfading Daydream Cover’
- Full guidelines for artists HERE
Thank you, we look forward to seeing the submissions!