We are proud to announce that our sixth reading period is starting today! Unfading Daydream invites you to submit your speculative fiction short stories.
The theme for issue 6 is CRYPTIDS.
The Oxford English Dictionary defines the noun cryptid as “an animal whose existence or survival to the present day is disputed or unsubstantiated; any animal of interest to a cryptozoologist.” Authors do not need to use ‘traditional’ cryptids – you can make up your own. You can throw them into space opera or a fantasy setting. Surprise us, we look forward to reading your work!
- We are open to established and new, emerging authors.
- In terms of length, we’re looking for stories between 1000 and 7000 words. Shorter or longer stories will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- No previously published works.
- No fanfiction please
- Reading periods are May, August, November, and February.
- All submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on the last day of the reading period. In this case, all submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on August 31st.
- Expect a decision within four weeks
- See full guidelines HERE
- Please note that our guidelines have changed a little and be sure to read through all of them!
While we are very new, we are offering monetary payment to those who we accept for publication. Stories that are between 1000-3000 words will receive $5. Stories that are longer than that will receive $10. All contributors receive a hard copy of the magazine.
- We accept submissions only by email.
- Free to submit!
- Please send your submission to submit [at] unfadingdaydream [dot] com with the title of ‘Unfading Daydream Submission’.
We are also seeking submissions for cover art.
- artists will be compensated ($50 and a contributor copy)
- Please send your submission to submit [at] unfadingdaydream [dot] com with the title of ‘Unfading Daydream Cover’
- Full guidelines for artists HERE
Thank you, we look forward to seeing the submissions!